Friday, September 6, 2013

Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes


For the first time this week, I have tried my hand at THM menu making. I've made plenty of menus and grocery lists in my day, but this was the first time making a THM menu.  It takes a little bit more thought and planning, but it was good practice. Now that school has started up, Mom's extra busy teaching and since I am now officially done with school it was high time that I learned how to make the menus. :-) So I pulled out the THM book and a random Taste of Home cookbook and got to work.

This recipe is a revamped recipe from the Taste of Home 2004 cookbook. It would normally be a Satisfying meal, but I cut out a few things to make it Energizing so that we could enjoy some fresh, on-sale fruit. Yum! They were tasty! We usually eat our tuna fish on Ezekiel 4:9 bread, but I think I have found a new favorite way to serve my tuna.


Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes
2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
1/2 to 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 Tablespoons dill pickle relish
salt and pepper to taste
5-7 medium tomatoes, cored
In a bowl, combine tuna, mayo, celery, onion, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Chill (or not) Cut an opening in the top of each tomato and clean all the wet seeds out. Fill the tomatoes with tuna mixture. Top with green onions if desired.

Since this is an Energizing meal, we had cantaloupe slices with ours. It was so light and fresh and TASTY! We shall see how the rest of the week with my menu planning goes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment