Saturday, August 17, 2013

Just a Couple Crumbs

Well folks, one of the first things we need to get straight right now is
I. Am. Not. A. Photographer.
AT. ALL.
So, I will probably always forget an important, necessary picture and when I do happen to get a picture, it will probably not look half as appetizing as the real thing.
 
Last night I was having a severe chocolate craving. On a normal basis I only have those cravings 2-3 times a day. Yesterday however, was extraordinarily difficult since I was craving chocolate pretty much all day long. So I made brownies.
These brownies.... Almond Flour Brownies from the Stacy Makes Cents Blog.
I only had 1 ounce of chocolate, so I added 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder to the butter/chocolate mixture. I also added unsweetened, shredded coconut. Yum!
 
And as I promised, I forgot a very important picture.
Well, I only halfway forgot. I was sorta reminded that I should take a picture as I was getting ready for my first bite, and at that point I was like, "Who cares....I am eating now."
 

These are the remains, which I did remember to take a picture of.
See, that is evidence that they were scrumptious.
 
 
This morning we had eggs. I love eggs, however, my body does not and I usually get sick from them. One thing you will learn about me is that I am not easily deterred when it comes to food I love. This is why I end up sick from sugar/gluten overdoses so often. Usually eggs only bother my stomach when I have a cup of coffee with breakfast, so this morning I skipped, which was very difficult, but the eggs did not bother my stomach so it was well worth it.  

I always fry my eggs in a generous amount of butter. I love butter. Without butter life would be sad. :-)
I always season my eggs the same way: Salt, Hot Shot! (black & red pepper blend) and Nutritional Yeast. The Hot Shot is amazing because it gives the eggs the perfect amount of spice. Nutritional Yeast is the most wonderful thing that happened to eggs. Simply said, I am a biased egg eater. My way, or the highway.
 
I missed lunch but it was just leftovers.
 

For dinner we had "Lighter Side of Chili" which is an Energizing - E meal. (THM pg.330) We add 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder which is splendid!
 
Then I had my evening chocolate craving. The problem was that earlier I was making some regular chocolate chip cookies for some friends and I stupidly had to try some. Oh come on, you know that feeling...."I'll just try a little to see how it tastes." Riiiiiiight.
So I decided to try making some Trim Healthy Mama approved cookie dough.
Now I didn't measure anything except for the butter so these measurements are approximate at best.
 
Cream together 1 stick of butter with 3 Tablespoons of whipping cream. Add 1/3 cup homemade truvia, 1 cup almond flour, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Then I put it all in the blender and pulsed it until it was a creamy, cookie-dough type consistency. I then added 1/2 of a batch of skinny chocolate chopped up.
Note to the wise: make sure your skinny chocolate tastes good before you add it. If you don't like the way your skinny chocolate tastes you will be unhappy with how your cookie dough tastes.
Of course this whole recipe is a play-by-ear, but I always find those to be the best! You can make it just how you like it.


I rolled the dough into balls and froze them. Pretty good. I think I may still tweak the recipe a bit, but for now it works. :-)
 

 
This just made my day. I must be one of the best people cause I love food. :-) Thank you Julia for always being there for us foodie people.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love love your site.... You need to put out a cookbook!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Most of what I make is out of the "Trim Healthy Mama" cookbook by: Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett, or recipes that follow their food plan. :-) But maybe someday I will write my own cookbook. Haha, you never know....

    ReplyDelete