Sunday, August 18, 2013

Energizing Peach Pancakes


 
 
It's finally that time of year when peaches start going on sale and the whole world just starts getting better. I used to dislike peaches immensely. They're mushy, hairy fruit for heaven's sake! But alas, they have won over my affections and I now love them.
Well, a couple of weeks ago a friend of mine from The Confessions of a Cookaholic blog, made these incredible peach pancakes and posted pictures of them on Facebook. Of course, that caused some instant cravings amongst the members of my family - myself included - so Mom established that I really needed to try making a THM version.
 
"Trim Healthy Pancakes" (pg. 223) are Energizing, which means we can have fruit with them so I just stuck to that basic recipe. It's so easy and I can whip up a batch lickity split.
I pitted and sliced up a couple of ripe, but not mushy peaches.
Then I went ahead and made a batch of pancake batter.

Heat your pan up before you pour on the batter. Sadly since it is an energizing meal, you can't grease the pan with butter so I just lightly misted it with cooking spray. This may be difficult for die-hard butter fans, but believe me, the peaches make up for the butter.

Ahem....my batter was a little runny this morning.  But if your pan is heated up all the way before you pour on the batter it won't matter if your batter is a little runny. The above issue only happened with the first 3 pancakes.

 
With the first batch, I just plopped on a peach slice right before I flipped them. The problem is, that gives the dough under the peach no time to cook. And doughy peaches are really not that appetizing.
So, I got a little smarter. I poured the dough on the pan and after 10 seconds I put the peach slices on and pushed them down as far as they went. This way, the peaches got to cook longer and the dough underneath them was cooked.




We topped our pancakes with Greek yogurt sweetened with homemade Truvia and I added some fresh peach slices cause it made 'em look perty.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment